Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, New Moon

On Saturday, Julie, my yoga instructor told us it was not only a New Year, but also a New Moon. She reminded us of this as being the begtinning of a new cycle, where we would have the perfect opportunity to set new intentions. Julie, in her wisdome reminded us that it's better to set intentions and then let them go, than to set resolutions and set ourselves up for failure.

She also reminded us to honour and listen to our body, to remember that the wisdom of the body is deeper than expected, all you have to do is listen.

I think that's one of the things I like the most about my yoga practice, it allows me to listen to my body. There are days when tree works, and there are other when it doesn't. Days when half moon is completely unattainable, and days when I am reminded that if I am to reach high, I need to ground myself.

There are many grand plans on my plate for this year, I need to set my intentions, trust my body and trust life. It will be a great year, full of good things - now I just need to remember to live it a day at a time.

namaste,

ap

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Splindarella said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, AP!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home